Sunday, July 25, 2010


Evans, Sara M. "Feminist Studies - Journal Info." Journal Info. Feminist Studies, Inc, 2002. Web. 26 July 2010. . This article was my jumping off point for my essay on The Handmaid's Tale. It also gave me a glimpse into history and perhaps Atwood's feminist inspiration for writing such fiction. The article gives an unofficial time-line from 1960-1970 when the feminist movement burst into a broader arena. With its feminist flavor, the article provides a female philosophy on rape and what may be the male reasoning.
Warner, Judith. "The New York Times Log In." The New York Times - Breaking News, World News & Multimedia. 26 Oct. 2008. Web. 26 July 2010. .
Now this source truly gave me a more modern perspective of how feminism has slowly evolved. What I mean by slowly is that here in this article the author discusses the presidential campaign. Warner speaks about Clinton and the hurdles that she has overcome to become elected.

No comments:

Post a Comment